Thursday, May 8, 2008

23:01:10

We are creeping ever forward. The countdown is grossly inaccurate, as the unit will certainly be done before June 1st. Our kitchen cabinets were shipped today, so allow for delivery time and then installation time, then there is just some polish left and our until is done.
Excited to move, but woefully unprepared.
I set up two of the new Gallos and the Sub, as well. I wasn't sure what to expect, worrying that surely, they weren't going to sound that much better than my bookshelf Sonys. Boy, was I ever blown away. Reproduction is so clear, crisp, and fast. I can close my eyes, and I can almost believe I'm there, the sound is that real. I was able to finally completely relax, lose myself in the music, and I actually drifted off to sleep on the couch. I was woken up quickly though, as Mal can't really sit still for very long, and started doing things. I don't get that but hey, to each their own. I may have to buy some decent speakers for the bedroom now, and convince Mal that we should listen to music in bed. I believe that I could get to sleep more easily. The music is able to distract me, to pull my mind away from the constant tasks it has, to separate it fro m the worries and stresses of the day, and lull me off into calm relaxiland.
I don't even want my computer speakers now, though. They sound like mud.
Crud.

3 comments:

aka suska said...

Right now, pack what you don't absolutely need. Label the boxes with impeccable detail. Stack them and perhaps cover them with a blanket or a cloth of some kind so that you have an incredibly large coffee table. Or if you have a spare room -- that is what it is for. As you well know I am the mother of all movers. Oh, and by the way, Sunday is ahem....But you knew that.

Coach Keese said...

Dude I wish I had more time to blog, 2 hrs of spare time in a day doesn't put it as a top priority but I will try. I have my first client so i will have to be more regular with that.

Coach Keese said...

Thanks for the comments lil' bro. I don't care if you ARE a nerd. Nerds rule the world. I wish I was nerdier... Then I could rule the world!