Thursday, May 3, 2007

Mooooooooonbabies!

Hey everyone who doesn't read this. I'm listening to Moonbabies, and I am heartily enjoying them. They've got a jangly but surreal environmental feel about them, similar to Explosions in the Sky, but with lyrics. I can't say much about the lyrics, except that they go really well with the music, you can tell that the singer(s) are really into it. Which is good.

To sum this up, I highly recommend Moonbabies!

Ok, time for a free writing experiment, today's lesson: Poetry.

BEGIN
O Spark that bleeds and forms a fire high above the earth
That cuts the air with screams and pitches tears about the world
they cut the hills, and stain the streams
they eat the children, but leave the dreams
the dreams wriggle about, as soulless worms
they injure stock and burn the sane
the duchess in the same lake drains
o dreams that bleed, and find my fire
I sparked it there for you
and sun that swallows earth and swallows sky
and slowly lets the live dreams die
and slowly lets the children cry
END

Well, that was exciting, wasn't it?
Have fun, be well.

No comments: